Donnerstag, 27. November 2014

Cassette 3B

Hello everyone!


In this blog entry I am going to write about Hannah's motivation for her suicide.

Hannah often talks about the snowball effect. This keeps the problems and reasons for suicide rolling, because one reason is based on another and so on...

The biggest problem of this snowball effect is that everyone just have a "little" joint guilt which leads to Hannah's disaster. Nobody knows instantly his or her mistake relating to Hannah and nobody is feeling very guilty about his or her fault, because there are a hundred of other reasons for Hannah's suicide. Probably this is why most of the people on the tapes are surprised to be one of the thirteen reasons or they think that they don't belong on the tapes like Marcus Cooley.

Maybe Hannah wanted to set a "statement", a message to everyone in her social environment. But is this message worth to put one's life on the line? I think no. I can understand Hannah and her reasons. She goes through a really hard time. But there are so many things in life for what it is worth to fight for. For example Hannah's family or her future. Maybe she could have found her dreamjob or met the love of her life or gotten to know real friends or built an own family. This are all arguments with a big " maybe", but they are not impossible.

But Hannah was not egotistic and she thought about the necessary change in the actions of the society. I think Hannah sacrificed herself, because she wanted to reach a changing in the crowd. The people need this shocking act, because otherwise they don't get it. It was very clever to send this self - made tapes to some persons. The advantage is that the affected people realize and understand what they have done.
In my opinion it is a shame that the crowd needs Hannah's death for this. Clay begins to understand Hannah and the pretense of the society.

I think Hannah deserves much respect because of her intelligence and her courage.


I hope you to understand what I mean. Please tell me if you are sharing my opinion or if you are seeing it differently :)

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hey Isabel :)
    First of all I want to mention that your post is really great! :)
    I like the stucture and the content pretty much.

    Furthermore, I totally agree with your post. It is a very sad sign for our society that nobody recognizes their actions until somebody sets a big statement like Hannah with her suicide.
    But I have to admit that I think what Hannah has done isn`t good, but if I was her I would do the same. It is not only a way to open the eyes of the people on the list. Hannah feels completely bad in her situation. I understand that she doesn`t want to live anymore. Yes, this is pretty hard but it is the truth i think..

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey Isabel ,
    In my opinion your blog is very good and I totally agree with your post, your speech is also very nice . ��

    AntwortenLöschen