This blog entry is about Bryce Walker and the question whether he is to blame for Hannah's suicide or not.
"I think it´s unfair of Hannah to accuse him, to
make him one of “her reasons”. He had sex with her, big deal. It´s not like he
raped her. Bryce is not to blame for Hannah´s suicide."
Here is a quote from my teacher, so you can get to know his opinion.
I am not able saying whether I agree with him or not. I think the question whether he is to blame for Hannah's suicide or not is very difficult and not definite.
If I only consider Bryce Walker's behaviour and his personality (I got to know only one site of his personality, maybe he has other sites ;-) ) I can definitely say that he is a jerk with too much testosterone who treats women like sex objects. His behaviour towards Jessica Davis is -without a doubt- unacceptable and contumelious. He raped her. This is so disgusting and immoral. But at this point he did nothing to Hannah in a direct way. So Jessica's rape is not directly related to Hannah's suicide.
In cassette 6 side B Hannah made direct contact with Bryce. The two had sexual contact in a hot tub at a party. Hannah didn't feel well while doing this, but she allowed it. Because Bryce probably doesn't have any knowledge of human nature and he can't interpret Hannah's signs, it seemed to him as it would please her. So in my opinion it is not his fault. Hannah could have said that she didn't want it.
But I am asking myself why she allowed it. Maybe she was looking for the final step to commit suicide. She treated this incident more as an occasion than a reason for her suicide. At the end she just waited for her downfall and she did nothing against it, because it was to late for her. Her decision has been made a while ago.
As a result, I tend to agreing with my teacher. Bryce is not to blame for Hannah's suicide in a direct way, but in a indirect: yes, of course. He should think a matter over his behaviour.
Thank you for taking time to read my blog entry and feel free leaving me a comment.
In addition, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Have great vacations ! ;-)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen